Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hello Atticus

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm an animal person. As in, Rene doesn't let me go for long walks alone because I will likely bring home stray animals as pets, sort of love. You also may or may not know our kitty, Snuggles...


I got snuggles when I was six years old. She fell asleep in my lap on the drive home from the pet store. That's how she got her name, though I'll admit she never lived up to it after that. But she was the best cat. Loyal, adorable, vocal, hilarious. She's family. We wanted her to move with us, but as she's sixteen going on seventeen (which is like a hundred in cat years) and couldn't make the trip, she's now living happily back with family in California. 

So, being the now pet deprived animal lover I am, I convinced Rene to add another member to our family. Because you know, working from home and all, I needed a friend :)

Enter Atticus...




High five...


DOUBLE high five...


Yeah, he's pretty cute. 

He's a big fan of following us around the house, cuddling on the couch, and pouncing on our feet while we're trying to sleep at night. He was chillin' on our porch, excitedly playing with dry leaves when he let me take his pictures.

Speaking of our porch, we'll show you photos of our house soon too. That is, once it is no longer buried beneath a plethora of boxes. 

Well I hope you enjoyed meeting our new little one... We miss you all dearly. 

~jess

10 comments:

Colleen said...

Yay!!! He's so CUTE!! And I love the name Atticus. When I was a teenager and had a name for my cell phone (embarrassing to admit, but true) it was named Atticus. It's an awesome name. Miss you!!!!!!!

Colleen said...

P.S. When I just did the little captcha thing to prove I'm not a robot it had the word "mock" in it. I found it an ironic connection with To Kill A Mockingbird. Ok I'm done now.

SummerSoul said...

I'm in love with Atticus, both the cat and the name. I shall write a series of children's book featuring Atticus the Catticus. Congrats on your new family member. I look forward to snuggling with him soon. :D

Jess said...

Colleen... Don't be ashamed that you named your cell phone because that is exactly why we're friends. I connect with other people who name their inanimate objects on a deeper level. Back in the day, my car was named Marc Antony and Ally's was named Cleopatra. They sort of had a thing goin on until Marc Antony died a tragic death on the road. but that's another story...

Jess said...

p.s. I'm glad you're not a robot.

Jess said...

I'm glad.. and I love that idea! I'd read them to my kids.

Jess said...

p.s. you better be coming soon to snuggle with him and hang out with me. Cause I miss you.

Natalee said...

Smuggles looks exactly like our cat Tink, and we have another cat named Snuggie. Haha! How funny! Congratsnon your new kitty cat. I wuv kitties!

henning love said...

ahh that is so cute. i love his double high-fives, atticus is so adorable. did you name your cat after the character in to kill a mockingbird by chance??

Jess said...

Thank you :) and yes we did indeed.