Friday, January 6, 2012

hello Virginia

          This week we took a break from apartment hunting in the city to visit our dear friends and fellow californians-turned-east-coasters in McLean, Virginia, just outside of DC. Jordan and Kristy have been some of our closest friends since we were only dating years ago and I can't express what a comfort it was to spend some quality time with old and familiar friends in a new and unfamiliar place. It was a fun night of reconnecting and catching up. We enjoyed the road trip too...


This turtle shot is for you Colleen...



Crossing the Susquehanna river.


Kristy and Jordan's awesome kitty, Oliver McLean.


Rene was happy to get some guitar time in...


exploring a little bit of Georgetown...





2 comments:

Colleen said...

Thank you for the turtle shot. I adore it. Yesterday a random homeless man started waving at me and pointing, and I was trying to figure out what he was telling me and then he mouthed, "I like your turtle!" And gave me a thumbs up and a toothless grin. It was hilarious and it made me miss you and wish you were there.

Mary Lynn said...

Georgetown is a favorite of mine. And Georgetown Cupcakes... need I say more!